Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pictures from my walk today....

Just wanted to share some glimpses of spring here in my neighborhood.... I live very close to a reservoir and there is a paved trail around it that I really enjoy walking.  Here's my take on today:


I call him Edgar (the egret? I have no idea what he is, except big, white, humongous beautiful wingspan, and quite the gentleman, guarding his mate and a nest in one alcove of the reservoir.  I love seeing Edgar swoop across the trail in front of me, even if he scares the bejesus out of me when he does.






 I think the caption for this one should be "bloom where you are planted".  That is a wild flower blooming from the open end of a pipe near the water's edge!

 One of my favorite backyards that backs up to the trail...




Chugging two or three miles around this path is a pleasure! Now, up to my sewing room to play!

3 comments:

  1. I want to live in the house that backs up to the trail..I would come out and give you some water when you walked by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Joy! I too go on a walk most every day, around an island right below South Holston Dam. It's mostly wooded and wonderful cool in the summer, because the water flowing around the island is pumped out of the bottom of South Holston Lake. It's like a walk with air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete