Friday, May 28, 2010

On a late night ramble with my dog….a Friday 55!!













Ranjit’s house, brightly lit, with Indian music spilling out the open doors.

Partiers in exquisite traditional outfits dance on the lawn.

He sees me wave as I pass by, comes over and laughingly takes my hand. Briefly, we dance, him graceful, me awkward, as his wife pats my dog and claps her hands with delight.



I've been checking blogs and commenting, praying a lot, but not posting anything here.... I've not had anything much to say. We're all doing fairly well here, and I finally got a letter from my daughter that stated our mail is now getting through to her. She got a pile all at once and it made her cry. I communicated with the prison medical department regarding her disposable contacts she is keeping in her eyes 24/7, and they have officially sent me instructions for getting Rx glasses to her. I am very grateful for that. I want her to be able to see when she is crossing the yard from the mail area to her cell; it's easy to get jumped for what you might be carrying and vision is important. (Plus she did irreparable damage to her eyes during one of the more recent incarcerations by keeping the same pair of disposable contacts in for four months. This is one of those times when I know I'm doing something for her that is really for me. I would hate to think she went blind just because I was worried about my boundaries, and in one eye, she is now nearly legally blind.)


I took a walk last night with our pit bull. She is getting older and is content to amble and very people-friendly. I could hear Ranjit's party up the hill, and I love to hear the music and see the beautiful party dresses.... So I took a moonlight stroll with our old dog, and the aboved described moment was the result. Ranjit is a really sweet man and his wife is even sweeter. They're always talking to us when we pass by on a walk, always asking after our girls, patting our dogs, etc. They were celebrating their beautiful daughter’s academic achievement. I was happy to share in their joy. In fact, I still feel like dancing!


I'm busily clearing my desk for a rare light work weekend. My doctors seem to have taken off early for Memorial Day. Very few are dictating, and if I stay focused, I just might have several hours each day to spend in my happy place (my sewing room!) Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. hope you had fun at that party...sounds like some good friends. nice 55.

    my 55 is up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree about the glasses. I enjoyed the post about the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Party 55's!!
    I loved your story My Friend.
    Thanks for making a reappearance today. I hope that it's the first of many.
    Have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yay! A happy post :) I needed this.

    I agree about the glasses too!

    Loved hearing about Ranjit and his family. I have met people from all over the globe (in my last job) and I can easily say that the very nicest, kindest, most sincerely sweet people I have ever met are Indian. I am not sure what it is about their culture that produces such great people, but I wish it would spread to ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice break, I feel like I was there too! I added nice weather - about 78 with no humidity and a gentle breeze :)
    So great to have nice neighbors! AND, of course - DOGS!!! The best!!!
    I agree with you on the glasses - I don't think it crosses any boundaries - in my mind glasses are a definite necessity, not a want, whim or desire...
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great 55...praying for your daughter....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the glasses as well. It was so nice to read this post. It felt peaceful and left me smiling.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just catching up on blogs as well. Glad that you got the glasses. And that you felt like dancing. That is really good.

    ReplyDelete