Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I knew it!

I knew it.

I knew we needed to say “no”. My husband said that you guys would reinforce that.

And you did.

Every single one of you who commented!

I’ve heard nothing since her dad told her “no”. That of course, remains a static buzz in my awareness….. just a gnawing sensation that all is not entirely well between me and my daughter.


















But, I am going to walk in faith today that we’ve done the right thing. I’m not going to worry about tomorrow. Except that tomorrow, I’m going to do the same thing: walk in faith that we’ve done the right thing.

Basic “one day at a time” stuff. (and my arms are up!)

I plan to email her later in the week as usual, to see if she wants to catch the Lifelines meeting Friday night at The Crossing Church. Maybe she will respond.

And if not, I’m going to keep on walking.

This may not work out the way I would like for it to, but that's just how it goes sometimes! In the meantime, I’m going to set that example of healthy living and healthy boundaries that everyone suggests. You guys have the distance from my situation that allows you to see it clearly. So I take your input very seriously.

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. I will keep praying for mine and yours.

6 comments:

  1. Know what I see in this post?

    You and Husband are on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you do the same thing for all of us LOL. thats what we have built here. and i am glad

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Walk in faith" It's the best solution to the mess that I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is keeping a watch on her, I promise! You are a beautiful example of letting go, letting God. Hang in there, just for today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are radiant in your validation and resolve. It is so good to see you feel not only in "control" of your lives, but that you and your husband are a united front - this will help her more than anything.

    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, sister! I'm echoing Kay here: it's so hard to believe, but it's a fact that God loves her even more than you do. He can be trusted, for today, to take care of her needs. That's what I'm doing with my daughter, and He's doing a good job with her.

    ReplyDelete