After four years of fending off every cold germ I met, one got through my fortress of vitamins, herbal supplements and positive thinking ("I don't believe in colds, I don't believe in colds"...) but outside of that, things are calm.
Calm is good.
I'll bullet this, and keep it short, cos I've finished my work and I'm headed back to horizontal to
- DD2 moved out of her sober home last Sunday, and into an apartment with a young lady in program who is four years clean. Seems this young lady just asked her husband to leave after he relapsed for the umpteenth time, and he's out of state somewhere in a rehab, I think, and she could use help with making her rent. DD2 could use cheaper rent. Works for now, they think! Probation is cool with it (probably because it will free up some $$ for DD2 to begin making probation payments!). DD2 loves her new room.
- She immediately began pounding the pavement in the new area (over an hour by bus from her previous job) and yesterday she called me to tell me she had a great interview for a full time position in a auto body parts supply type store. She wanted it bad. Walkable distance from new apartment. Heavy on web design and computer inventory and stuff she's great at.
- Today she called to say that the interviewer did NOT call her back as he had promised he would, yesterday afternoon. She and her roommate had decided she would call him and be proactive. If she didn't get it, she was allowed to crawl back in bed and cry for five minutes and then she had to get up and go job hunt some more! However, she got it! She starts this afternoon for a few hours and full time on Monday.
- I heard that the husband may come back to the apartment at some point after rehab....but I chose not to dwell on the fact that that would put a recently relapsed close friend under the same roof with 9-months-clean DD2. I firmly told the voices of the codependant yahoos in my head that that was none of my business. Period.
- Besides, the new apartment is right across the street from a great AA/NA meeting spot. (Take that, voices! It's up to her!)
My husband just asked if there was any possibility I was going to cough up a lung.....if I hadn't already. Unbeknownst to him, I'm actually much better today.... But I sound bad enough to get some sympathy.... So I'm going to take it!! Yes dear, I'd love it if you did the dishes and fed the herd (5 dogs)!!
Off to get more tea and relax a bit, hopefully. Stay healthy!