Tuesday, September 29, 2009

An open letter to Lou, and a belly button birthday

Dear Lou,

I miss you! I tried to find your email address to send you a note, only to remember that my computer died an untimely death back in July, and I lost a ton of email addies at that time....

I have since been adjusting to the "wonders" of Vista (grrrr!) and every so often I find yet another email address that is missing.

Sigh. If you still have mine, and are not opposed, please send me a quick "Boo!" ?

I am sorry you are not blogging - but I am not going to be nosy, or beg you to change your mind.... Given my own blogging regularity (ahem.... not!) I can certainly respect that as you say, the blogging community is fluid, and folks come and go....

I can, however, POUT!! I do miss your posts, and I have been so blessed to read your writings. So there! Enuf said....


















New Subject: Daughter (DD2) had a birthday....


Her belly-button birthday (not sobriety birthday) was last Friday. Her sister and I went to her sober home early in the morning and took her a cupcake with candle, and a gift. She was still in her "jammies" and so excited to see us..... She kind of reverts to being a little girl and calls me "Mommy" when she is really happy.


We gave her an inexpensive pay-as-you-go cell phone, and paid for first month. After that, it's her responsibility. While she was unwrapping it (it was in a pocket of a purse I made her)
her sister on the left hit "dial" on her own phone, to make the new one start ringing.

It was a happy day! I had been looking forward to this little celebration for a long time, ever since I had the idea, made the purse, etc.

Her birthday last year, she was very, very loaded.... she doesn't even remember much of it, but I am really really happy we got to make this memory this year!

:)

9 comments:

  1. Glad that you got to make those memories with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just precious! I hope she can stay sober this time. She has a family that loves her sooo much! What a very special memory for her birthday. I think Lou still has her email link under her profile. If not, let me know and I'll send it to you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's cute and she looks happy. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Lou too! But I understand...

    And how precious are those memories - Happiness captured

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for making me smile for the first time today, I needed this! Your girls are great, the love between all of you is so evident! I may steal your idea if I ever buy my son a phone :)

    I agree about Lou. I have been blogging for five years and have never seen so many people sending out "I will miss you" posts! I miss her too. Lets hope its just a hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I am so glad you were able to enjoy your daughter's birthday with her, and that you will all have this wonderful memory. Both of your daughters are precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. O, the love we bear for our daughters, through thick and thin, for better or worse, till death do us part, and beyond.
    If DD2 could get sober on your joy alone, what a miracle that would be. Alas they have to do it all alone, find the guts inside, and the surrender. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sober birthday is a good birthday. You (and her) are lucky her sister supports her. It is good to hear the joy in this post!

    And thank you, I have gotten added responsibilities at work, and I had to make a choice. I was so stressed about getting my blog out, I just said "something has to go." But I miss my blog friends, you are one of the early ones. I remember when you emailed me about your quilts. I was sooo impressed;)
    mlberoo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so sweet and fun to watch. I really dig the purse too, Mommy. So glad you shared some great birthday moments...

    ReplyDelete