Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I do love me some weekend.


Annette
showed me some bloggy love:












Thanks Annette! (I hope you are all recovered from that snowstorm!!)

I had a really nice weekend. It was the most peaceful weekend I can recall having in a long, long time. I spent a great deal of time in my sewing room and that helps me more than almost anything. My DH and I took our DD1 out for dinner on Valentine's Day, and made a memory! I had a good visit with DD2 on Valentine's Day morning, and I was able to pass along good news to her regarding a residential treatment facility. It was not the one she initially wanted. But since that one isn't returning my calls, and the clock is ticking towards her release, I asked her ex-sponsor if she had any ideas concerning residential treatment facilities I may not be aware of. Turns out she is, as a counselor, associated closely with a facility she may be able to help DD2 get into. It's in an area outside "her playground", meaning an area she hasn't really used in, or dealt in. Several girlfriends who are very, very strong in program live nearby. The first 30 days are free.

The whole idea seemed very positive, and DD2 received her ex-sponsor's idea well. So now, she crosses her fingers. Apparently a third case that has been pending against her may rear its ugly head, but oh well! She agrees that if she ends up doing more time, this residential program will still be there. When it's time for her to get to a program, she will. She's already written her ex-sponsor, without any prodding from me, thanking her for the suggestion and asking for some direction.


I also spent a lot of time reading this weekend (books, Yahoo groups, etc, regarding Al-Anon, addiction in family members). I learned a lot.


And I learned I have a lot more to learn.


P.S. I got the quilt (binding and label) done for DD2's rehab counselor. I will take pix when I give it to him on his birthday (this Friday). Twenty years! What an accomplishment!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, if I made a quilt for every one of my son's rehab counselors, I would have to quit my job & do that full time. I'm picturing some of the different patterns I would use! LOL I know you didn't mean it that way, but this post made me smile.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete